Monday, February 27, 2012

{Messy Mondays} {Fashion Trends}

Ya might'a noticed...

I kinda skipped out last week. So this week I'm giving ya a 2-for-1 Messy Monday {Lucky you, right?}

But this week I want to talk about an entirely DIFFERENT kind of messy make-over --- positively MESSY fashion trends.

I've noticed a recent trend for hair and make- up -- it's messy. It seems we're heading into a somewhat reminiscent grunge period -- again. {Initial response?? "UGH!"} seriously, I'm the girl who likes shimmering bronzers, lots of color, and precisely threaded brows, but what I'm seeing is lots of natural bare-looking skin, HUGE -- seemingly unmaintained-- eyebrows, and hair styles that are made to look greasy, unwashed, just wet, haphazardly blown out, or tied up in a mess of knots. Don't believe me!? click here.

So, just for kicks...


I sported the knotted hair, "power brows", nude makeup, sans smile bit {LOL}


But, seriously? Is this REALLY a trend? Am I suppose to like this?!


Surprisingly --- I kinda do! Granted, I won't be brushing my eyebrows up so dramatically...


But tone them down a bit, and it works --- PLUS --- the knots are kinda cool, and way easy


Practically speaking, and in all seriousness...

This less-is-more, dirtier-the-better, au naturel trend made me laugh, and even scoff at first, but when I really think about it, these are the perfect kind of trends for a sleep=deprived new mom, like me! And I guess I should just hold my tongue and silently count my lucky stars, that I can probably get away with naturally unkempt hair and make-up and maybe it can even pass for fashion. {LOL}

Pertaining to MY messy make-over journey,

I'm looking at my excessive collection of make-up and hair products right now, and thinking "Heck ya! Another thing I can downsize simplify" to help manage my time and space better. Realistically, I can probably get away with a little BB cream and subtle blush on most days, as well as slightly tweezing, rather than spending money waxing and threading my eyebrows --- and hair?? --- I can do messy knots in my sleep ;-) {Hardee-har-har-har}

No comments:

Post a Comment