Tuesday, March 20, 2012

{slump}

I haven't wanted to write in the last week or so --- actually, that's not true --- there have been almost too many things I've wanted to write about --- too many things that have been weighing down my heart and stirring my soul --- I've made attempts to start writing at least 2 or 3 times this week, but I can't seem to bring pen to paper finger to keystroke.

Each time I have attempted to write, my thoughts are interrupted with other thoughts, other heartaches --- ferocity of obvious injustice --- personal loss --- empathetic pain for those I know and those I only know of --- tears for both specific and abstract brokenness.

Lord, teach me --- why have you given me this burdened heart?? Focus these wild emotions and refine them to reflect your heart --- Give me words for the broken, the strength to stand for those who can't do so themselves, and a voice that will speak Your truth into the void of lies this world believes.

No comments:

Post a Comment